Aaron R. GottOf Counsel
Aaron R. Gott is an antitrust attorney who focuses on antitrust and competition litigation, complex business litigation, and challenges to government conduct. Aaron manages the day-to-day litigation for Bona Law cases and has developed extensive experience in litigating antitrust cases against governmental entities who claim to be immune from federal antitrust law under the state-action doctrine.
Aaron is a combat veteran who served nearly ten years in the U.S. Army. He entered law school with over five years of professional writing experience as a newspaper editor and Army public affairs officer. His work has been published in newspapers throughout the country, trade magazines, academic journals, websites, and government publications; he has received accolades from general officers, scholars, high-profile litigators, and even a federal judge. Aaron’s legal scholarship has been called “meticulously researched and brilliantly argued,” and BookForum showcased one of Aaron’s scholarly papers as an example of “rigorous and elegant writing.”
J.D., The Florida State University College of Law
Magna Cum Laude
Honors and Activities:
Order of the Coif
Executive Editor, The Florida State University Law Review
Research Assistant for Professor Dan Markel and Dean David E. Landau
B.A., Iowa State University
Political Science and Military Science
United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Represent client in a dozen antitrust lawsuits against Orange County municipalities and private company for monopolizing the ambulance industry.
- Defend one of the nation's largest online contact lens retailers against class action antitrust claims in federal Multi-District Litigation. (In re Disposable Contact Lens Antitrust Litigation).
- Defend Japanese capacitor manufacturer against class action antitrust claims in federal Multi-District Litigation. (In re Capacitors Antitrust Litigation).
- Represent one of the nation's largest online contact lens retailers as amicus curiae in the Federal Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit relating to challenge to Utah law prohibiting enforcement of Uniform Pricing Policies against contact lens retailers. (Johnson & Johnson et al. v. Reyes).
- Represent nonprofit complementary and alternative healthcare advocacy group as amicus curiae in federal antitrust case before the U.S. Supreme Court (N.C. State Board of Dental Examiners v. FTC).
- Represent association of rental property owners as amicus curiae in constitutional challenge to municipal rental ban. (Dean et al. v. City of Winona)
- Represent group of scholars of law and economics as amicus curiae in constitutional challenge to state medical device certificate-of-need regulation. (Colon Health Centers of America v. Hazel)
- Represent National Federation of Independent Businesses Small Business Legal Center as amicus curiae in FOIA challenge to EPA’s proposed release of private business information to environmental interest groups (Am. Farm Bureau Fed. v. U.S. EPA)
- Ongoing disputes from coast to coast in the areas of false advertising, unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, antitrust, and general business
- Panelist, ABA Section of Antitrust Law, NC Dental Amici: The Scope of the State Action Doctrine, April 2015.
United States Army Reserve, 2003–2012
Operation Iraqi Freedom 2004–2005
Force Protection Team Leader, 515th Combat Support Battalion
Operation Enduring Freedom 2008–2010
Public Affairs Officer, 166th Aviation Brigade