Luke Hasskamp is a former federal district court and appellate clerk with extensive experience with complex litigation and appellate matters, including antitrust and competition, as well as administrative proceedings and arbitration.
Following law school, Luke gained extensive federal court experience clerking for three federal judges: Kermit E. Bye of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, Manuel L. Real of the Central District of California, and Robert G. James of the Western District of Louisiana. These clerkships involved significant civil and criminal casework, including business and financial litigation, constitutional challenges, government disputes, and other complex litigation.
After completing his clerks on the Eighth Circuit, Luke transitioned to private practice, working for Kanner & Whiteley in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Robins Kaplan LLP in Minneapolis, Minnesota before joining Bona Law as a partner.
Luke has litigated numerous antitrust, class action, and civil RICO matters. He has experience in a broad range of practice areas, including healthcare, business and commercial disputes, unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, Indian and Tribal law matters, government investigations, and federal administrative appeals. He also served as special counsel for the Louisiana's Attorney General in healthcare litigation involving the State of Louisiana.
Luke has also devoted significant effort to pro bono efforts, including numerous criminal appeals and immigration matters. He also serves as an editor for the American Bar Association's Appellate Practice Journal.
Luke is barred in both Minnesota and California.
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2011
Dean’s Honor List | St. Thomas More Law Honor Society | Research Assistant for Professor Allan Ides | Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society Entertainment Law Review, Executive Board Member and Chief Technical Editor | National Environmental Moot Court Team | Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services | Loyola Writing Tutor Program
B.A., Carleton College, 2003
Cum Laude | Student Body President | College Council Representative | Varsity Golf Team Member
Central District of California
District of Minnesota
District of North Dakota
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
California State Bar
Member Since: 2011
State Bar of Minnesota
Member Since: 2013
- Represented clients in national antitrust consumer class action involving pharmaceutical manufacturers of Adderall XR.
- Served as a member of trial team for a federal antitrust case concerning set-top boxes used by cable subscribers.
- Represented insurers in affirmative fraud litigation brought against hospital and laboratory defendants involving in overbilling scheme.
- Represented clients in litigation and appeal of trade secret misappropriation dispute arising from an agreement to provide web design services.
- Represented Native America tribe in litigation relating to the construction of oil and gas pipelines and impacting Tribal property interests and sovereignty.
- Represented client in litigation and appeal of breach of contract action over the denial of $2.8 million in prize money in the White Marlin Open, the world's largest billfish tournament.
- Represented client in appeal of wrongful death and personal injury action relating to Toyota unintended acceleration litigation.
- Represented insurers in national civil RICO class action matter involving pharmaceutical manufacturers of testosterone replacement therapy products, including AndroGel.