Luke Hasskamp is a former federal district court and appellate clerk with extensive experience with complex litigation and appellate matters, including antitrust and competition, as well as administrative proceedings and arbitration.
Following law school, Luke gained extensive federal court experience clerking for three federal judges: Kermit E. Bye of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, Manuel L. Real of the Central District of California, and Robert G. James of the Western District of Louisiana. These clerkships involved significant civil and criminal casework, including business and financial litigation, constitutional challenges, government disputes, and other complex litigation.
After completing his clerkship on the Eighth Circuit, Luke transitioned to private practice, working for Kanner & Whiteley in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Robins Kaplan LLP in Minneapolis, Minnesota before joining Bona Law as a partner.
Luke has litigated numerous antitrust, class action, and civil RICO matters. He has experience in a broad range of practice areas, including healthcare, business and commercial disputes, unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, Indian and Tribal law matters, government investigations, and federal administrative appeals. He also served as special counsel for the Louisiana's Attorney General in healthcare litigation involving the State of Louisiana.
Luke has also devoted significant effort to pro bono efforts, including numerous criminal appeals and immigration matters. He also serves as an editor for the American Bar Association's Appellate Practice Journal.
Luke is barred in both Minnesota and California.
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2011
Dean’s Honor List | St. Thomas More Law Honor Society | Research Assistant for Professor Allan Ides | Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society Entertainment Law Review, Executive Board Member and Chief Technical Editor | National Environmental Moot Court Team | Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services | Loyola Writing Tutor Program
B.A., Carleton College, 2003
Cum Laude | Student Body President | College Council Representative | Varsity Golf Team Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit for Judge Kermit E. Bye
- United States District Court for the Central District of California for Judge Manuel L. Real
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana for Judge Robert G. James
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Represent Client in antitrust lawsuit against defendant in insulation market (Thermal Pipe Shields v. Johns Manville)
- Defended Japanese capacitor manufacturer against class action antitrust claims in federal Multi-District Litigation (In re Capacitors Antitrust Litigation)
- Defend client in trade secret misappropriation lawsuit in Georgia federal court (Argos USA LLC v. Young)
- Represent clients in breach of contract lawsuit in Utah federal court (Strand v. USANA Inc.)
- Defend Indian tribal clients in defamation and tortious interference lawsuit in California.
- Represented nutrition supplement company in appeal before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals regarding federal Lanham Act false advertising case against competitor-sponsored review publication (Ariix, LLC v. Nutrisearch Corp.)
- Represented client in appeal before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals regarding federal antitrust lawsuit against the City of Richmond, Virginia and its corporate ambulance subsidiary for monopolizing the non-emergency ambulance market (Metro Health EMS v. City of Richmond)
- Represented clients in national antitrust consumer class action involving pharmaceutical manufacturers of Adderall XR.
- Served as a member of trial team for a federal antitrust case concerning set-top boxes used by cable subscribers.
- Represented insurers in affirmative fraud litigation brought against hospital and laboratory defendants involving in overbilling scheme.
- Represented clients in litigation and appeal of trade secret misappropriation dispute arising from an agreement to provide web design services.
- Represented Native American tribe in litigation relating to the construction of oil and gas pipelines and impacting Tribal property interests and sovereignty.
- Represented client in litigation and appeal of breach of contract action over the denial of $2.8 million in prize money in the White Marlin Open, the world's largest billfish tournament.
- Represented client in appeal of wrongful death and personal injury action relating to Toyota unintended acceleration litigation.
- Represented insurers in national civil RICO class action matter involving pharmaceutical manufacturers of testosterone replacement therapy products, including AndroGel.